Food is so important to the Chinese that, when they greet someone, instead of saying “how are you”, they say: “Chi fan le mei you?”, which means: “Have you eaten yet?”
Samira’s actual experimentation with this cuisine happened when she met the mother of her Chinese friend. Her friend’s mother cooked the most delicious Chinese food that Samira had ever eaten. Samira begged her to teach her how to make these delicious dishes, particularly the pot stickers or dumplings. She did, and here is Samira sharing with you some of what that great Chinese old lady has taught her.
Join Chef Samira Hradsky and learn about the different Chinese culinary schools:
- Cantonese – the Southern School, which is mainly in the region of Guangdong
- Peking – the Northern School, which covers the area from the Yangtzi river to the Great Wall of China
- Shanghai – the Eastern School, which covers the region that stretches from the eastern coast to central China
- Sichuan – the Western School, which covers the inland provinces of Sichuan and Hunan
In this Chinese cooking class, Samira will tell you about the specialties of these schools and how to prepare some of these special dishes.
This class menu includes:
- Hot and sour soup
- Egg drop soup
- Dumplings (pot stickers)
- Hot-and-sour shrimp
- Fillet of beef with bell peppers and carrots
- Chicken with vegetables and peanuts
- Spicy cucumber salad
- Fortune cookies
- Banana yogurt cake
Available any day on request for minimum of 2 people.
Price per person:
- 2 people: US$150
- 3-4 people: US$125
- 5-8 people: US$100
For more than 8 people, please enquire.