Take a cooking class with Chef Samira Hradsky of Food Unites the World Cooking School in Evian and be inspired! In her cooking classes, Samira helps you to trust your own instincts and tastes and give you the tools and confidence you need to cook (well) all kinds of ethnic specialties.
Chef Samira has always believed (and her cooking classes have proved), that no matter how different our ethnic backgrounds, beliefs, views and values are, we can all sit around a dinner table and unite in sharing a meal that includes different tastes and types of food from all over the globe — the palate knows no boundaries and no limitations. Samira believes that, through food, we can help unite the world and overcome many of our differences, regardless of what we are, or who we are, at least while around the dining table!
Students may select to attend one, few or all of the 10 international cooking classes offered by Chef Samira.
Classes are taught in either English or French.
Where are the classes held?
Chef Samira Hradsky teaches from her private home in Evian, France. The kitchen area was specially constructed for Samira’s teaching purposes. Her elegant, large, and practical kitchen boasts a gorgeous granite island that can comfortably accommodate up to 8 students. The island enjoys a five-burner Gaggenau stove and a Gaggenau teppanyaki grill. Four Miele ovens and a prfessional double door Gaggenau refrigerator/freezer are strategically situated in the kitchen. This specially designed kitchen is the heart of Samira’s home. It enjoys a charming views of the Royal Evian Masters Golf course, the blue waters of Lake Geneva and the famous Alps mountains. This creates a very professional yet cosy and friendly environment.
Overview of a typical cooking class
- Each class starts with an introduction to the specific region of choice.
- Students are given printed handouts that contain the recipes of the day’s class.
- Students participate with hands-on preparation of the complete meal.
- All ingredients used in the class are fresh and purchased in local markets.
- Students get to eat the gourmet meal they have prepared – this 5-course meal is accompanied by a variety of both red and white wines.
- Aprons are provided to all students during class (aprons with school logo are also available for purchase at cost to students only … click here to order).
Additional options available
- Market visits can be organized and scheduled on request at an additional fee – if you choose to include a market visit as part of your cooking class, you will explore a wonderful, colorful, and typically French neighborhood market.
- Private hands-on classes for groups of 5 to 8 students and demonstration classes for groups of up to 20 students are available on request.
Terms and conditions
- Cost: USD $150 per student / per class.
- Cost: USD $125 per student / per class for 2 classes.
- Cost: USD $100 per student per class for all 10 classes. Advance bookings are necessary.
- Classes must be paid 10 days in advance.
- Classes are usually scheduled upon request.
- No refunds are available for missed classes, however, students may attend a make-up class at other scheduled times.
- Market visits are USD $50 per student / per visit.
- Minimum of 2 people for each class.